This information is for your convince by IARC, and not by the Ministry of Communications. The Ministry of Communications is not obligated by this page.
Release of the call series 4Z8 for Foreign Amateur Radio Operators
The Ministry of Communications, being the sole responsible issuing Authority, for amateur radio call signs, recognizes CEPT Recommendation T/R 61-02, and will (under this recommendation) issue a National Israeli call sign in the series 4Z8, to amateur radio operators, which are coming from countries that have implemented and are participating in the CEPT Recommendation T/R 61-02.
A personal application for a Radio Amateur License in the series 4Z8 has to be made and requested from the Ministry of Communications. Each application will be decided on its own merit.
The application for this category must comply with the following conditions:
It has to be accompanied by the following documents:
- The applicant should be or have, continues employment in Israel for a period of more than 1 year, (365 days) by a recognized Employer, who’s place of business is registered locally.
- The applicant must show proof that he has a valid (official) work permit, for employment in Israel and for which period of time, issued by The Department Labor & Welfare.
- The applicant must show proof that he has a visa, or passport, stating to have gained entry into the country as a "Temporary Resident" issued by the Ministry of the Interior.
- The applicant must show proof that he is in the possession of a current valid, Amateur Radio license compatible with the CEPT Recommendation T/R 61-02, without any blemish.
- The applicant should not have had, in the past or at present an Israeli callsign.
- The applicant, does not have had, in the past or at present, the status of a Israeli Citizen, or permanent Resident.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Letter from employer, stating kind of work, duration, residency, etc.
- Show proof of temporary residency, (copy of contract for living quarters) for at least the period described as above.
- Copy of the work permit.
- Copy of the visa or passport document.
- Copy of the license
If a local 4Z8 license is issued, its validity is in force only
- if the licensing fee has been duly paid
- for as long as its validity is indicated on the license.